Mega Moolah is a progressive slot game that has existed for several years now, during which time a casino player called Georgios, from Greece, earned one of the most impressive wins when he earned €6.3 million. After developing a popular following, software developer Microgaming has since created three versions that combine Mega Moolah with other slots But before we get to those, first the basics of the game need to be covered. Microgaming has built Mega Moolah with five reels by three rows. Another core design feature is the presence of 25 paylines, and these are affordable to cover, as the minimum coin value can be £0.01. Further up the scale, the maximum coin value can be £0.05. Microgaming launched Mega Moolah in 2008, so it’s impressive that the game’s safari-themed design has held up so well. Many casino sites feature it prominently in their game selections, and that’s because it continues to be a popular option and deliver large wins. Of course, a major factor in creating winners is the four-tier Mega Moolah jackpot.
The most important of the special extras easily has to be the progressive jackpot. In total, there are four levels to the jackpot, and this allows for more Mega Moolah winners to be made. Incredibly, the largest of the jackpots begins at £1 million. That means that the biggest winners will automatically become millionaires. The jackpots and their starting values are listed below:
- Mega Progressive – £1,000,000
- Major Progressive – £10,000
- Minor Progressive – £100
- Mini Progressive – £10
Before continuing with the other extras, it should be noted that the odds of winning are increased for larger bets. Tactically, constantly backing the smallest bet is unlikely to work, so it’s better to do fewer bets of greater value and for a shorter period of time. While the symbol can be helpful, he doesn’t quite compete with the 15 free spins that will be triggered when at least three bonus symbols land simultaneously.
To expand the Mega Moolah series, Microgaming has come up with a number of special crossover versions. This has proved to be a wise decision when you consider that Mega Moolah was first introduced in 2008. New versions have helped to breath new life into the series, and it’s an added bonus that each is connected to the Mega Moolah Jackpot. Here are the crossover versions:
- Mega Moolah Isis – Easily the best known of the crossovers, this special Isis version has the most paylines with 25.
- Mega Moolah 5-Reel Drive – Combined with Microgaming’s 5-Reel Drive slot, there are 15 paylines to activate in this high-octane version.
- Mega Moolah Summertime – The perfect version for nice weather, Summertime has nine paylines. This design decision ensures that you can cover all of them without having to wager high amounts.
Playing Mega Moolah
To close out our Mega Moolah review, this section will recommend some ideal Microgaming casino sites at which to play the game. Some brief information has been provided for each:
- Guts.com – Here is a site that is among the fastest risers in the industry. Featuring Microgaming and NetEnt slots, Guts has a €300 welcome package with 100 free spins for Starburst.
- 7 Sultans – Have the freedom of claiming up to $/£/€500 in bonus funds over your first five deposits. Play at your own pace with 7 Sultans Casino.
- BetVictor – This option provides a big brand option. When claiming the welcome deal, please bear in mind that BetVictor pays out as real cash, and that’s why you receive £25 after wagering £500 in your first month.
Check back with Classy Casinos for more insightful information from the online casino industry.